Saturday, April 16, 2011

More Spring time

Forced cherry blossoms in early March with my early, fragrant daffodils
I'm prone to think of Summer as time of strong, quick growth culminating in radical changes in the garden from one week to the next, but this year's spring is proving to be just that. My tiny garden is thriving and bursting with flowers. The first to bloom was of course my prized hellebores, followed by my snowdrops and crocus, violas, pink daisies, marigolds, daffodils, tulips, pear tree, dogwood, japanese rose, azaleas and bleeding hearts. The lilacs are almost blooming and my poppies, hydrangeas and peonies are also growing rapidly, can't wait for them to bloom. 


a few cutting of my tulips
new variety of daffodils I planted












































planted about 350 bulbs of tulips and daffodils for this year and had great results. I will be adding more varieties for next year, perhaps some hyacinths and muscaries. I highly recommend everyone to plant bulbs in your garden, they're so easy and are a bundle joy in the spring time. 


Japanese rose, it's growing prolificly
last cutting of my daffodils, a shot with maidenhair fern












































Make sure you bring the flowers inside the house! You worked so hard to grow beautiful flowers, so don't just enjoy them outside, but bring them in and celebrate the arrival of spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment