Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sorry

Sorry for not updating... I know I've gone MIA for a while. Anyways, a quick update with two of my arrangements I was taught from my designer. The first is a mixed arrangement in a sphere vase using chicken wire. The second, a parallel decorative arrangement. This looks very weird and it's not a common parallel arrangement, but I had to learn this unique, odd arrangement to attain a Dutch Floral Design Diploma. 


Although the first chartreuse shade arrangement was quite difficult to arrange, I hate arranging in sphere shaped vases, I LOVE the flowers and the color schemes. I feel that chartreuse themed arrangements tend to be very modern looking, but this is a perfect combination of classical and modern. I LOVE THESE KIND OF STYLES. This is very reminiscent of the Parisian floral arrangements. 




You have NO idea how difficult this was to arrange following the rules. All the stems are to touch the bottom of the vase, there should be no foliage touching the water, the water is to be crystal clear, the flowers are to be arranged following the Biedemeier style and all this is to be arranged through an unstably placed chicken wire at the opening of the vase... And you are to arrange this in less than 30min... This picture was taken after my second try....




Don't even comment on this... I had no idea what I was doing with this. This is  the first time tackling a modern flower arrangement... The teachers told me I did a good job, but I totally feel like I need loads of practice. I was disappointed that I had to cut the rose SOOOO short!!! I can't begin to comprehend the Dutch, they make you cut the most expensive rose so close to the bloom, but expect you to keep the gerbera daisies long! OUTRAGEOUS! lol*


Will update more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment