Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ramblings of a blogger

Julia Child once said, "Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." I can totally agree with that. I'm following her advice. Found my passion and keeping tremendously interested in it. Things have been difficult lately, emotionally that is. Around this time last year was the peak of my temporary high, enjoying myself and everything life had to offer. But, a few months later, I was in an intractable disposition, caught in a middle of an uncontrollable situation and I caved. You have to go through agony to be unique and different in Japan. But as Anne Morrow Lindbergh once said, the most exhausting thing in life is being insincere, so I'm content that I was honest. I felt stuck then, like I was treading water, getting nowhere. When we're faced with an impossible choice to make standing at a crossroad, when we must choose a path, how do we know, how can we be sure that we're a making a choice that we won't regret?

So, like I mentioned before, I felt the need to quit school and take a risk and try something new. With the progress that I've been making so far, I predict people are assuming that I'm being lazy and living off my parents, showing scant regards towards their money. But I have no intention of living with my parents forever and in the near future I will be on my own, completely independent. In some ways, it's easier to stay here, where everything is safe and familiar but I consider how much more there could be for me out there, if I just took a chance. I don't wanna look back from now in 10 years and regret that I didn't follow my heart. My future plans aren't mapped out to the fine details, but I don't think that's of great significance. Because, I know the kind of person I want to be, unafraid of a challenge and willing to face whatever comes. I will not fall apart in the face of adversity, but rise to the challenge. Other peoples opinions are of little significance, so why bother taking notice eh? I'm doing my own thing, maybe people may not be able to comprehend it, but I'm getting to where I need to one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment