Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Missing the 5th Ave. Takashimaya


For me the saddest news of 2010 was prolly the closing of Takashimaya in NY on Fifth Ave in June... I can't believe it closed... They refused to merge with H2O which is the reason for closing, but I'm glad they didn't since Takashimaya can't compare with the Hankyu Department store. Takashimaya has history, it's been here since 1829! 


Anyways, so I was pretty heartbroken, I even fantasized about working there;( And it's ironic that their closing was broadcasted on the news on my birthday!?


Takashimaya on Fifth Avenue had magic, it was an oasis, filled with the most exquisite floral arrangements and sold everything from home décor products to fresh flowers. It would have been nice to be the artistic director of Takashimaya NY... Dare to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment